The founders of Westwood Rock came from a wide range of industries, but first worked together in the broadcast industry where they designed high end video and audio equipment. Since then we have worked in a wide variety of industries but continue to do a lot of work for the broadcast industry.
Here is a list of the industries that Westwood Rock has worked in to date:
- Television, radio and broadcast (MPEG, DVB, ATSC, HDTV, DAB, digital and analogue services)
- Business Management Systems (e.g. CRM, ERP, BMS)
- Laboratory Control and Automation
- Desktop, Web and Mobile App Development
- Medical Electronics (eg. EEG, drug delivery, video laryngoscope)
- Test Equipment
- Film, Digital Cinema, DVD and New Media
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Electronics
- Green Technologies
- IoT – Internet of Things
What is apparent from the above is that we have experience of working to more formalised design procedures (as might be found in the strongly quality controlled aerospace industry) but we are as equally at ease working in the more fast moving consumer industry or business start-up environment. Our ongoing experience of a wide range of industries allows us to apply methods and technologies from one industry to another; or from say small business to big business, or vice versa. We are just as at home designing electronics for a prototype satellite as we are designing for a mass produced consumer product.
Contact us to find out more!